Miharu Koshi is one of the most intriquing characters in Japanese electronic music culture. She is almost always involved when there is something going on with Haruomi "Harry" Hosono, Hosono Jr, or Ryuichi Sakamoto. She has collaborated with Thomas Dolby as well.
Her style is really interesting and fresh and new. She often sings in German or in French. First CD I listened from her was "Source d'espoir". Tracks were wonderfully ambient and intriguing. Drum tracks made with old analog synthesizers made by Hosono are really fantastic and you can recognize them to be Harry's work just as soon as you hear them. Haruomi Hosono's Omni Sight Seeing was another CD I found in which Miharu Koshi contributes. Again I found her beautiful voice and genuine style.
Autoportrait is a wonderful collection of her works and it includes lots of interesting cover-art&material. I recommend this with warmth.
Her latest album is Corset (2003) which was produced by Haruomi Hosono and published by DWWW [Daisy World Wide Web] Her products of this millennium includes also compilation CD Strange Flowers Vol.1, Frou-Frou (2001) and L'Assassinat de la rue du Pelican (2000).
Here is her full discography. If you know something is missing of wrong, please let me know.
Discography of Miharu Koshi
- Toy Box Vol. 1 Omocha-bako - Dai ichi maku 1979
- Lovestep / Arabian Rhapsody 1979
- Kimagure Highway (Fantasy Highway) / Gogatsu no kaze (The Wind from May) 1979
- My Blue Summer / Ii ki na mono ne (Such a nice feeling)
- On The Street - Miharu 2 1980
- Make Up 1981
- Tutu 1983
- Parallelism 1984
- Boy Soprano 1986
- Echo de Miharu 1987
- Passepied 1989
- Shinzo no Ue (Above the heart or On the heart) 1990
- Die Vater und die Pistole 1991
- Madonna / Clepsydra Sanatorium 1991
- Source d'espoir 1992
- Bonjour CouCou / Chanson d'amour 1992
- La Voix de Paris 1992
- Chanson Solaire 1995
- Miharu Koshi & Harry Hosono Jr. (Swing Slow)
Swing Slow 1996
- Daisy World Tour 1996
- Rodeo de Paris 1997
- Autoportrait (best of) 1998
- L'Assassinat de la rue du Pelican 2000
- frou-frou 2001
- Strange Flowers Vol.1
-The compilation of Daisy Creatures- 2002
- Corset 2003